martedì 7 febbraio 2012

Now that's style

Fact: one of the moments in life when being a girl is actually easier than being a guy is when you have to cut your hair, I know you always thought the opposite but let me walk through it. While a girl can choose between hundreds and hundreds (I'm exaggerating) saloons, hairstylist's weirdly modern-looking places, makeup artists or whatever the kids are calling the place where you cut your hair these days and always find someone that can do it exactly the way she - or rather her favorite celebrity - wants, a man usually needs years of patient search to find the only place in town that still remembers how to do it the old fashioned way (usually you recognize those places because they'd also do your beard with a hand held razor). While this is still true in less developed country like Italy, where I still know just a couple decent places that took me a lot of time to find, in America internet users seem to exchange useful information too and not only picture of cats (which I won't deny are a priority, but still) and that's how I've heard of Barber Blues.

I'll sum up the whole place with an image:

No you're not imagining it
Yes, that place has a freaking flipper that waiting customers can use to kill time, that of course if you don't prefer to chat with your new friends whilst drinking a beer

ok the beer was brought there by a customer, but it was offered to anyone who wanted to help himself

but the best feature, to me, is that both the guy in the first picture and the owner of the shop in the one below look like cuban gangster. Yes, that's something you want from a barber shop, trust me on this one

though they're probably mexican since we're in California. Wait, am I being racist? well technically I'm latino too (I guess) so who cares
And if that's not enough, and believe me it is, the guy did a really good job with my hair, and for 14 bucks! which to me is how is supposed to be, since one of the perks of being a man is that we can brag with girls about spending way less money to look good (even though I have to admit they'll always look better, something to do with having boobs I guess)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento